About the Company
MagneMotion develops and manufactures assembly automation, material handling and transportation solutions using electro-magnetic technology, specifically linear synchronous motor (LSM) and magnetic levitation systems. Our LSM transport conveyor systems are an intelligent, high performance alternative to the conventional conveyor systems typically used for industrial automation.
Experience the personal challenge of working in a world class organization and leader in the technology industry. The work environment is stimulating, challenging and fun. Work with an award winning team with an impressive track record in a unique environment.
About the Opportunity
The Project Hardware Development Engineer is responsible for supporting all mechanical aspects of existing and new industrial linear motor product design with specialized focus on mechanical analysis. This position requires substantial interaction and collaboration with all MagneMotion engineering disciplines and business units, as well as customers and suppliers.
Go to person leading mechanical analysis
New product mechanical design utilizing CAD
Continuous improvement and manufacturing engineering support
Create and review detail drawings with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
Procure and fabricate prototype and proof of concept linear motor based systems
Optimize designs working closely within a multidisciplinary team
New customer application analysis and existing customer product troubleshooting
Mentor junior mechanical and manufacturing engineers
Manage mechanical project related tasks and activities
- Minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8+ years of mechanical design.
- Mechanical analysis experience.
- Experience with 3D CAD Software.
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly proficiency.
- Experience conducting Failure Analysis and defining Corrective Actions.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with stress/strain/fatigue calculations and FEA (preferably SolidWorks), bolt torque and strength, impact, bearing, vibration.
- Solidworks experience most preferred.
- Experience creating and reviewing detail drawings with GD&T.
- Permanent magnet motor mechanical design and manufacturing experience: coil winding, permanent magnet array assembly, lamination design, electronics packaging.
- Experience with rollers, wheels, and bearings for assembly automation or equivalent applications evaluation and design.
- Injection molding, casting, extrusion, machining, & sheet metal design experience.
- Plastic bearing selection and design experience.
- Hygienic (food processing) equipment, FDA, and clean room design experience.
- Experience using PLM systems to manage drawings, documents, CAD models, BOMs, & ECOs.
- Hands on mechanical aptitude experience.
- Experience working on DOD and DOE projects.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Devens - Massachusetts
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.