Posting Number: S01035P
Department: OIT-SysOps (Systems and Operations)
Salary Range: Salary negotiable
Pay Basis: Monthly
Position Status: Regular full-time
- Performs all aspects of technical application management for multiple enterprise applications through all phases of the application life-cycle, including but not limited to: installations, maintenance, upgrades, patching and testing.
- Responds, diagnoses and resolves service tickets assigned by the help desk based on team and individual metrics.
- Develops, maintains, and understands documentation related to management of the application, including but not limited to: installation, maintenance, upgrades, patches, and support.
- Ensures systems documentation follows best practices, is up-to-date, accurate, and tested.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations.
- Collaborates with other technology departments as needed for sustaining stable platforms and troubleshooting issues.
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow Problem, Change, and Incident Management procedures.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills, along with strong analytical, organizational, and collaboration skills.
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of relevant experience; or the equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience will be considered.
Preferred Education and Experience:Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and with project management office
Previous experience within Information Technology at Academic Institution and knowledge of regulatory requirements (HIPAA, FERPA, etc.)
Fluency in navigating and using Mac OS X, Linux, and/or Windows
Familiarity with SharePoint, DropBox, Confluence (wiki), ServiceNow or similar documentation storage and management systems
Ability to create and present diagrams and reports for technical and non-technical audiences
Ability to think outside the box in terms of analyzing and troubleshooting system issues
Ability to deliver under tight deadlines
Ability to produce professional-level documentation and reporting using Microsoft Office
MS Exchange or Office 365 experience.
Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMWare or Hyper-V
Assist in the development of an IAM strategy that aligns with UTD's objectives.
Remain knowledgeable of trends and advancements in information systems and information technology in order to assess the feasibility of implementing new services, systems, and technologies
1) The University of Texas at Dallas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (M/F/D/V).
2) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.