The Electronic Transactions Association is the global trade association representing more than 500 payment and technology companies. ETA’s mission is to advance the payments industry by providing leadership through education, advocacy and the exchange of information.
The Manager of Industry Affairs will be responsible for managing relationships between ETA and its industry committees, councils, and working groups. These groups touch upon a wide variety of issue areas of interest to the payments technology industry. This individual will be responsible for working to drive and support member engagement in ETA through industry subject matter expertise and committee engagement. This position will also require development of payments industry research materials that further ETA’s role as a thought leader through collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the Manager may be assigned issues related to ETA’s participation in external organizations including standards setting bodies, technical organizations, and think tanks; and may be required to participate in these organizations as a representative of ETA.
ETA Committees and Councils
- Function as manager for ETA councils and working groups, including ETA's Mobile Payments Council; Technology Council; and Risk, Fraud, & Security Council.
- Work with volunteer leaders to set committee activities based on industry priorities.
- Coordinate, schedule and organize meetings; develop agendas; and provide facilitation and mediation during meetings.
- Develop documents and memoranda as necessary to ensure that all members of ETA’s committees and councils are aware of issues addressed and actions proposed.
- Understand the payments industry, including determining needs, issues, emerging technologies, and marketplace trends, and develop internal and external consensus on issues.
- Understand and implement ETA strategic goals set forth by ETA management and volunteer leaders to promote the growth and success of the payments industry.
- Establish goals for member groups, aligning with ETA’s strategic goals, and generate action agendas that include timelines for the development and implementation of strategic programs, projects, and activities.
- Maintain committee contact lists in-house and on the website, respond to regular inquiries from members, and recruit ETA members to participate in committee and council activities.
- As directed, participate in relevant external groups on issues of relevance to ETA members.
Industry Research and Analysis
- With Vice President, identify relevant areas of industry research to support emerging issues of interest.
- Perform research, data collection, and analysis in order to assess industry trends and compile materials for development of reports, white papers, or other documents.
- Where necessary, create, design, and format industry charts, tables, and diagrams for internal and external distribution.
- Other duties as required by business needs.