We seek a full-time experienced litigation technology specialist to join our world class Discovery and Litigation Technology group in Washington. Under the direction of a senior staff attorney and in conjunction with other Firm staff attorneys and associates, our litigation technology specialists assist our legal teams on technical aspects of litigation support and ediscovery. Successful litigation technology specialists demonstrate substantial working litigation technology expertise, strong client service focus, resourcefulness, and effective problem-solving under pressure in our fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment. Position: Nonexempt. Supervisors: Senior Attorney for Discovery and Litigation Technology, Practice Administrator, and Senior Staff Attorney.
Summary of Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise on litigation support software and hardware to include recommending, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting databases and imagebases, in coordination with the designated senior staff attorney;
- Assists in supporting computer networks;
- Oversees and monitors vendor projects for quality control, working with litigation teams to create and maintain document repositories and document tracking systems, testing and ensuring quality in all product deliverables; and
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to optimize hardware and network resources to support or ediscovery operations.
- 3-5 years experience in litigation technology industry or litigation in a law firm working on particularly complex multiparty litigation;
- Substantial working knowledge in application and management of litigation technology platforms and databases and computer network technology such as Relativity, IPRO Concordance, Opticon, LiveNote, CaseMap,LAW, external web-based document repositories, and external web-based case management tools; experience with forensics tools and trial software, including Encase, Trial Director, etc, is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to manage computer networks and network storage;
- Effective oral and written communication skills for presentation and reporting functions;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Flexibility to work long hours as Firm needs require.