| The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for, Advertising, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales Manager in its Industry Relations Department. The Sales Manager has overall responsibility for selling print and digital advertising for OSA’s OPN Magazine as well as overall responsibility for selling exhibit space and sponsorships for OSA’s Congresses and Topical Meetings. The Sales Manager will need to be an effective communicator and build strong relationships between OSA and optics and photonics companies. Sales Manager will need to be in regular communication with prospects by phone and by email. |
1. Make high volume outbound sales calls daily.
2. Initiate conference calls and meetings (ideally scheduling them in Outlook calendar) with current and potential clients to determine sales and marketing objectives, budget and timing.
3. Proactively research and identify new sales prospects.
4. Maintain an accurate and robust prospect list for all projects
5. Utilize CRM system to track efforts, update contact details and create accurate sales projections.
6. Collaborate with Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales to draft and email proposals to prospects.
7. Provide regular sales updates to the Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales, on sales and pipeline activity.
8. Provide accurate reporting to the finance department in a timely manner on a monthly basis regarding invoicing that needs to be generated to confirmed advertisers.
9. Write copy and execute outbound e-blasts and mailings.
10. Regularly maintain and update the OPC Meeting web site exhibit sales pages using Kentico.
11. Regularly maintain and update the OPC Meeting exhibit floor plans in Expocad.
12. Maintain regular contact with committee members in an effort to leverage their personal contacts to maximize the number of potential exhibitors and sponsors.
13. Provide input to Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales on budgeted revenue goals.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. Minimum of three to five years sales experience, preferably event/tradeshow and/or advertising sales
3. Association or optics industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
1. A high level of initiative and attention to detail is required.
2. Required proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
3. Proficiency with contact relationship management (CRM) software; preferably ACT or SalesForce.
4. Experience with NetForum or other association management software system.
5. Familiarity with Kentico or other web content management software.
6. Prefer experience with ExpoCAD or other exhibit floor plan space-draw programs.
7. Prefer experience with SwiftPage or other HTML email management programs.
8. Strong interpersonal and customer oral, written and presentation skills.
9. Experience and proven track record in effective follow up and negotiation skills, specifically as it relates to working within established product prices and closing sales to maximize customer decision-making.
10. Ability to focus effectively on multiple tasks at all times.
11. Ability to meet deadlines & ability to travel required.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send cover letters and resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com.