DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & COMPUTER SCIENCE
The California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the level of Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department starting in August 2017. We seek candidates with expertise in all areas of mechanical engineering, including but not limited to fields in biomedical, materials, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and energy. Demonstrated engineering design experience is desirable. California State University, Fullerton, values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
CSUF is an urban university located in Orange County, surrounded by high technology industries and a diverse community. The department's instructional programs lead to Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. For more information about the department, please call 657-278-3014 or visit our website at http://www.fullerton.edu/ecs/me
The successful candidates will teach all levels of mechanical engineering courses for majors and non-majors, advise students, serve on academic committees, and contribute to Department and University governance. Faculty members are expected to be team players willing to contribute to the missions of the Mechanical Engineering Department, College of Engineering and Computer Science and the University. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, research, refereed publications, and service to the university and the profession.
- Earned doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or related field; ABD’s may apply but must earn doctorate in one of the sub disciplines of Mechanical Engineering before the appointment date; B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses including laboratory courses.
- Ability and willingness to promote undergraduate and graduate student success through advising, co-curricular activities, and other high impact practices.
- Focused research agenda with external funding potential; publications in refereed venues within the last three years.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability and willingness to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status or continuation of employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank, Salary, and Benefits
The positions will be at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CSU Fullerton operates on a semester system. Faculty may apply for intramural grants to do research during the summer months. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement program through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete on-line application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 9174BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Letter of application summarizing relevant qualifications
- One-page statements of teaching and research interests
- Current curriculum vita
- A list of names and contact information for three references
The finalists for the position will be contacted and are required to submit original graduate transcripts, copies of student evaluations from any past teaching experience, and three letters of recommendation before on-campus interviews.
For questions regarding the search, please call: (657) 278-3014 or email the Search Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately. All applications received by January 19, 2017 will receive full consideration. The review of applications will continue until the positions are filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.